Davis, CA / 831.915.8423 / email@example.com / www.linkedin.com/in/toddmuchmore
Staff Software Engineer - United States Department of Defense, Seaside CA, August 2007 to Present
- Developed Angular Library that provided a common Contact Information update interface for a number of applications saving project teams numerous weeks of development time.
- Reduced network usage of legacy web application by 50% by changing application architecture to use an Angular / Angular Material UI talking to Spring restful web services running on WebLogic.
- Led a team of 10 developers in migration of legacy applications to new technology stack by creating a reference application, writing detailed documentation and providing technical guidance when needed.
- Increased developer productivity by creating reference UI patterns that became adopted in an enterprise look and feel standards guide using Angular Material.
- Provide high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff.
- Design, develop and maintain numerous Java / J2EE based UI, batch and web service based applications processing between 40,000 to 450,000 transactions per day.
Senior Software Engineer - Lexisnexis Examen, Sacramento, CA - January, 2006 to August, 2007
- Designed and developed new features to an existing J2EE based web application. Also performed daily production maintenance, including performance tuning and data scrubs.
Software Engineer - Nokia, Burlington, MA, October, 2005 to December, 2005
- Created Java Swing interfaces for Contact, Event and Mail information editing.
Application Architect - TopCoder, Glastonbury, CT, November, 2004 to July, 2005
- Designed Java component based systems for Fortune 500 companies. Created detailed design documents consisting of: Application Design Specifications, Sequence Diagrams, Class Interaction Diagrams and Component Requirement Specifications. Managed the design and development process of individual Java components through a competition based system.
Northeastern University, Boston, MA, June 1999
Received Bachelors of Science in Computer Science with a minor in Technical Communications.
Awards / Certifications
- Honored twice by my supervisors with Department of Defense coins recognizing "Superior Technical Skills" for my contributions to my projects within the DoD.
- CompTIA Security+ Certified, expires February 2022
In my free time I enjoy mountain biking and wood carving.